The Pain Management Center at St. Charles Hospital features technologically advanced, interventional pain management techniques performed by some of Long Island's leading pain medicine physicians.
Procedures performed by the experts at St. Charles Hospital's Pain Management Center include:
- All forms of nerve and facet blocks
- Radiofrequency lesioning
- Epidural or Spinal injections (opioids or steroids)
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Implantable narcotic pumps
- Baclofen pumps
- Neurolytic blocks
- Facet injections
- Manometric Discography
- Trigger point injections
- Botox injection
- Peripheral neurolysis
- Interventional pain treatment for cancer
- Radiofrequency for headaches
Conditions that may benefit from interventional pain management include:
- Chronic pain relief for pain that is unresponsive to conservative pain control measures
- An increasing need for opioid medication to control pain
- Pain that cannot be relieved surgically
- Pain that does not require surgery for sensory/motor loss or bowel and bladder dysfunction
Procedures are done on an outpatient basis so patients return home the same day.
Physicians performing these procedures are board-certified, fellowship-trained pain medicine physicians:
Steven J. Litman, MD, Director, Pain Management, St. Charles Hospital
Dr. Litman is one of the only pain management specialists in New York state with five board certifications in pain management, including a fellowship with the World Institute of Pain Certification. He has been listed by Castle Connolly as one of the Top 200 pain physicians in the United States. Dr. Litman is a surveyor for the American Academy of Pain Management accreditation program, which sets standards for pain management facilities and services.
Vlada Frankenberger, DO
Dr. Frankenberger is board certified in Interventional Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology and completed a fellowship in Interventional Pain Management in the Department of Anesthesiology at New York’s prestigious Mount Sinai Medical Center. She maintains another board-certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, enabling her to treat pain utilizing the best pain management techniques from both medical disciplines.
These experts individualize treatment plans for each patient. Treatment plans assist patients in:
- Reducing and controlling pain
- Increasing self-care
- Educating the patient and family about pain management
- Attaining the optimal quality of life
- Attaining the highest level of functionality possible
- Promoting a return to work
For more information about the Pain Management Center at St. Charles Hospital, please call (631) 474-6797.