To register for the next presentation given by St. Charles Hospital's orthopedic surgeons, click HERE.
For more than 110 years, orthopedics care has been at the forefront of St. Charles Hospital's rich and extraordinary history.
Today, St. Charles is widely regarded as having one of the top orthopedic programs in the region and is renowned for advanced orthopedic surgery and a comprehensive approach to treatment.
St. Charles Hospital has been ranked among the best in the region for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. (2013-2014 and 2014-2015) and is first hospital in Long Island's Suffolk County to receive Advanced Certification for Hip and Knee Replacement from the Joint Commission.
Advanced Techniques For Orthopedic Surgery
St. Charles is committed to utilizing the most advanced surgical techniques and is known to offer state-of-the-art orthopedic surgery. St Charles is:
- First hospital on Long Island to offer MAKOplasty® partial knee resurfacing utilizing a highly advanced, surgeon-controlled robotic arm system.
- First hospital in Suffolk County to perform gender specific total knee replacement surgery.
- First hospital in the Northeast to conduct computer-assisted total hip replacement surgery through the OrthoPilot® navigation system.
- Among the first hospitals in the United States to perform a reverse ball and socket total shoulder replacement.
- One of Long Island's earliest providers of Mako Total Hip Replacement
Orthopedic surgeons at St. Charles are among the very best on Long Island and hold an outstanding record of safety and success. They are fellowship trained in many subspeciality areas of orthopedics, including:
- Total Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Shoulder Surgery
- Hand, Upper Extremity and Microsurgery
- Spine Surgery
For more information about Orthopedics at St. Charles Hospital, please call (631) 474-6797.
St. Charles Becomes First in Suffolk County (Long Island) Awarded Advanced Certification for Hip and Knee Replacement Programs from The Joint Commission
CJR is designed to enhance the patient experience by providing top quality, coordinated, efficient care spanning before and after surgery, and all through the recovery period, up to 90 days after surgery.Get the Details