St. Charles Hospital: Keeping You Safe
St. Charles Hospital has served our communities with compassion and skill throughout COVID-19. Now, as the prevalence of COVID-19 on Long Island decreases, we are re-opening many services, including elective surgery.
Over the past several weeks, people with chronic health issues have postponed their check-ups, exams, or elective surgeries. Waiting months can turn something that’s not urgent into a critical situation, which is why we are resuming elective procedures.
Your safety is our number one priority. We have implemented several new measures to ensure your well-being, including:
- All patients, visitors and staff are pre-screened for COVID-19, following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- All patients, staff and visitors will wear a mask at all times. Masks will be supplied, if needed.
- Any patient, staff or visitor who shows symptoms of the coronavirus are immediately isolated.
- Patient visitation is strictly limited.
- All hospital campuses practice safe social distancing protocols.
- Intense cleaning in areas of our hospital, from patient rooms to common areas, are conducted using commercial-grade sanitizing steam.
- An extensive purification of the two hospitals’ ventilation systems.
Our communities have placed their trust in St. Charles for decades. You can continue to trust that our medical and surgical teams will safely provide you with the expert care you need.