Specialty Care Center
St. Charles Hospital’s Specialty Care Center is located in a separate wing within the Hospital and operates like a physician’s office, offering appointments with a wide range of speciality physicians and clinical professionals. It is not necessary to be receiving any other treatment from St. Charles Hospital in order to make an appointment at the Center.
However, many of the Center's specialists see patients from St. Charles Hospital's programs. For example, the Center's registered dietitians provide nutritional counseling to adults and teens undergoing Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery at St. Charles Hospital, the Center's neurologists offer on-going care to adults discharged from the hospital following a stroke, and the Center's neuropsychologists assess student athletes from St. Charles Hospital's ThinkSMART! Concussion Management program, as well as patients from St. Charles Rehabilitation's Brain Injury Program.
The Speciality Care Center is likewise a vital resource for those living with complex medical conditions and is home to the MDA Care Center at St. Charles Hospital, the Hospital's Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center, and a Scoliosis Clinic. These "Centers-within-the-Center" bring together multiple specialists and services in one place for the optimal care of adults and children with lifelong neurological and neuromuscular conditions.
The Speciality Care Center offers:
- Asthma, Allergy & Clinical Immunology (Adults & Children)
- Audiology (Adults & Children)
- Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery (Adults & Adolescents)
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Diabetes Management
- EMG and EGG - Electrodiagnostic Testing
- Muscular Dystrophy and neuromuscular diseases (Adults & Children) - MDA Care Center
- Orthopedics and Podiatry (Adults & Children)
- Nutritional Counseling (from Registered Dietitians)
- Parkinson's disease and Movement Disorders
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Physiatry (Adults & Children)
For the added convenience of patients, laboratory testing and radiology (imaging services) such as x-ray, MRI, CAT scan are located right on-site.
The Specialty Care Center is conveniently accessed directly from the Hospital's chapel-side parking lot.
For more information about the Specialty Care Center at St. Charles Hospital, please call (631) 474-6797.