The Pediatric Gastroenterologists at St. Charles Hospital's Specialty Care Center specialize in assessing and treating children who struggle with gastrointestinal (GI) problems, digestive issues, nutrition, and liver conditions. Because gastrointestinal symptoms are different in children than in adults, our pediatric gastroenterologists experts focus on issues specific to childrens' growth, maturation and physical and emotional development.
Our pediatric gastroenterologists treat children who struggle with:
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Lactose intolerance
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhea
- Acute or chronic abdominal pain
- Acid Reflux or GERD
- Feeding disorders
- Nutritional problems
- Malnutrition, failure to thrive, obesity
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract
- Celiac disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Short bowel syndrome
- Liver and gallbladder disease
- Pancreatic disorders, cystic fibrosis and pancreatitis
Our pediatric gastroenterologist work alongside pediatric anesthesiologists to ensure that your child is comfortable during testing. They perform upper and lower endoscopy for children in the hospital’s Endoscopy Suite.
To make an appointment with a pediatric gastroenterologist at St. Charles Hospital's Specialty Care Center, please call (631) 474-6797.