At St. Charles we understand a patient's need for spiritual guidance during an illness, medical crisis or hospital stay. In fact, we consider pastoral care to be as important a part of your treatment and recovery as all other medical treatment. The spiritual component of the healing process is provided to every patient as requested or needed, regardless of religious beliefs or ethnic backgrounds.
Spiritual care is provided by our chaplain staff, community clergy and volunteers who are dedicated to the ministry with the sick.
Services offered to patients and their families include:
- Daily visitation by chaplain staff or volunteers
- Mass offered each day in the Hospital Chapel and televised on Channel 3
- Eucharistic Ministers from neighboring parishes offering communion each evening
- Maternity patients offered the opportunity to receive communion during morning hours
- Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick and Sacrament of Reconciliation are provided by Priests on staff
- Family support, grief counseling, spiritual direction and opportunities for prayer available through Pastoral Care staff.
To contact the Pastoral Care Office, please call (631) 474-6411.