At St. Charles, achieving exceptional quality and patient safety involves a commitment from all levels within the organization.That is why the hospital follows strict, evidence-based quality and safety practices. The staff is committed to providing quality care, voluntarily and publicly sharing its performance data and the continual evaluation of clinical processes. This ensures that care is provided in a manner that is aligned with the mission, as well as ethical and religious directives.
St. Charles Rehabilitation is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) as a Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Program. Every three years, the hospital undergoes a rigorous review of our programs to ensure they meet or exceed very high standards of care for our patients. In March 2014, St. Charles once again earned the highest accreditation level possible for the next three years.
More than 96% of our patients would recommend St. Charles Rehabilitation to their family members and friends.
2015 Statistics for Acute Rehabilitation
- 1054 individuals were admitted to St. Charles Hospital for acute rehabilitation.
- The average age for adult patients was 66.1 with a wide variety of diagnoses as indicated in the chart.
- The average age for pediatric patients was 12.
- Hospitals throughout the northeast refer patients to St. Charles Hospital’s specialty rehabilitation programs. In 2015, 25% of those served were referred from hospitals outside of Suffolk County.
- 73% of patients were able to return directly home after their acute rehabilitation stay at St. Charles, which is higher than the state average of 71%.
- 94% of our patients are living at home within 3 months of completing the rehabilitation program at St. Charles.
- More than 94% of patients discharged from St. Charles Rehabilitation report that the rehabilitation program improved their quality of life.
- Most patients leave St. Charles Rehabilitation functioning at a higher level than patients from other rehab programs in the region. Data shows that more than 97% of our patients felt that the St. Charles Rehabilitation program prepared them to return home.
For more information on quality and patient safety at St. Charles, please call (631) 474-6797.