Making A Referral for Inpatient Rehabilitation
To be eligible for admission to the inpatient rehabilitation program at St. Charles, patients must:
- Be medically stable
- Need at least two forms of therapy (physical, occupational or speech)
- Have the potential to improve function or achieve independence
- Have an identified discharge goal
- Be willing to participate with the team in the rehabilitation program (minimum three hours of therapy per day, five days per week).
A referral can be made by:
- Social workers
To contact us or make a referral:
St. Charles Hospital
Unable to Accept
- Ventilator-dependent adult patients
Primary Diagnoses Admitted
- Brain Injury
- Cardiac or Pulmonary Conditions
- Hip Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Neurologic Conditions (Multiple Sclerosis, Guillain-Barre, Parkinson’s Disease, Polynuropathy)
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spine Disorders
- Traumatic Injuries or Fractures
The Acute Rehabilitation Unit at St. Charles Offers:
- 66 adult acute inpatient rehabilitation beds. 10 pediatric acute inpatient rehabilitation beds.
- Care by physicians board-certified in rehabiltiation medicine.
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care.
- Admissions seven days a week/24 hours a day.
- Core therapies (PT, OT, SLT)provided a minimum of three hours per day, five days a week.
- Customized treatment plans specialized to each patient's needs.
- Technologically advanced, innovative treatments.
- Compassionate care for the mind, body and spirit.
- Continuum of care community re-entry program for brain injury.
Comprehensive rehabilitation services available include:
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Speech/Language Therapy (SLT)
- Recreational Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Respiratory Services
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Adatpive Seating and Wheel Chair
- Pain Management
- Nutritional Counseling
- Alternative and Complimentary Medicine
- Social Work
- Discharge planning
- Pastoral Care