Concussion Management Center
St. Charles Hospital's Concussion Management Center utilizes in-depth knowledge about concussion and state-of-the-art neurocognitive testing tools to better manage this serious traumatic brain injury and keep our patients healthy and safe.
When a concussion is diagnosed, more than 50 St. Charles clinicians who specilize in the management of concussion work as a team to provide comprehensive services to our patients, regardless of whether or not they have undergone baseline testing (a neurocognitive computer test).
Concussion management services provided include:
- A thorough evaluation and assessment of the child/athlete/adult following a blow to head
- Development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for patients diagnosed with concussion
- Follow up through the “return to play” progression for athletes or a return to optimum health
The medical team includes:
- Emergency physicians
- Physicianswho specialize in concussion management
- Orthopedic physicians
- Physical therapists
- Student athletes and their families
If you wish to make an appointment to be treated at St. Charles Hospital's Concussion Management Center, please call (631) 476-4323.
School districts interested in concussion education and/or baseline testing, please call (631) 476-5606.
St Charles Rehabilitation Collaborates with Stony Brook on Concussion Research
St. Charles Rehabilitation is collaborating with Stony Brook University on a clinical research study to determine if dual task testing is a valuable indicator of concussion, a common but serious traumatic brain injury.